May 1, 2020
the COVID-19 pandemic, it is NODA’s policy to follow all USEF
suspension guidelines regarding showing. The USEF suspension began
Monday, March 16, 2020, and NODA’s rule change will continue throughout
the current suspension and any future USEF suspensions of shows. As of
May 1, 2020, the suspension timeframe is March 16, 2020 through May 31,
2020, and is subject to change. In keeping with our policy, NODA will
not accept any scores earned for year-end awards, from any shows held
(this includes schooling shows) during the USEF suspension.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there will NOT be an awards program or banquet in 2020, scores may be carried over into 2021. NODA bucks earned in 2020 may also be carried over into 2021.
- Competition Year: October 15, 2019 through October 14, 2020
- Awards Eligibility: Awards are open to all NODA members and will be presented at the annual banquet
- Score Eligibility: Competitors must be members PRIOR to scores being earned
- Horse Owners: The owner of a horse ridden by a Professional must also be a NODA member at the time the score is earned
- A Horse and Rider combination may apply for a total of three (3) Trophies in the following divisions:
- Recognized/Unrecognized (Schooling) Trophies
- Unrecognized (Schooling) Shows Trophies
- Recognized Shows Trophies
- Awards Deadline: Submission of scores for 2020 Awards must be postmarked by the deadline.
- Competition Report Form & Applying for Awards: Scores must be sent on the official Competition Report Form and must include copies of applicable test fronts or USDF score sheets from www.USDFscores.com Separate competition report forms and proof of scores must be submitted for each level of competition for the Scholarship Awards, and for every eligible Trophy.
- NODA Bucks Required to Apply: Four (4) NODA bucks earned during the current competition year, October 15, 2019 through October 14, 2020, must be attached and submitted with your official Award Competition Report Form(s) for each horse nominated for awards. Applicable to Professionals, Adult Amateurs, and Junior/Young Riders! Only four (4) NODA bucks required for each horse/rider team, whether you apply for one award or several.
- Volunteer Hours & NODA Bucks: Volunteers earn NODA bucks for their volunteer time. NOTE: NODA Bucks are signed and dated by issuing board or committee member when they are earned. Riders must donate four (4) hours of their time during the current competition year.
- Scores from Panel of Judges: If submitting a score from a panel of judges (i.e. from a Championship competition), the combined average must be submitted. It is still permissible to use different score, earned at that same show or another, from a judge who had been on the panel of judges for the Championship ride.
- Scores obtained from Opportunity Classes (offered at Recognized Competitions) may only be submitted for Unrecognized (Schooling Show) Year-End Awards. They will be treated the same as scores earned at non-NODA Schooling Shows. Important Note: Scores from the NODA's July Recognized Shows may not be used as substitutions for the two (2) that must be earned at NODA schooling Shows.
- Scores from non-NODA schooling shows may be submitted if the following criteria are met:
- The show is open to all NODA members and has been advertised in the NODA newsletter and/or website.
- The judge holds a current USEF dressage judge license, OR has held a card in the past, OR is a USDF "L" program graduate.
- Novice riders who compete at non-NODA shows which do not offer specific novice classes may submit Intro or Training Level scores from these shows towards NODA Novice awards. The same test score may be used for either Novice classes or open classes but cannot be used for both.
- Rotating Trophies: All association trophies are rotating unless otherwise noted. Winner may have possession for eleven (11) months, at which time trophy must be returned, in the same condition as received, to NODA. Contact Trophies@nodarider.org with any questions about returning your rotating Trophy(s).
- Ties for Scholarships/Ribbons: In the case of a tie for a Scholarship and/or /Ribbon, equal awards will be bestowed and the next ribbon skipped.
- Ties for Trophies/Other Awards: Award will be given to the rider with the single highest individual score submitted for that Trophy or Other Award.